We have collated a list of local forums in Scotland which you can find here.
We are also building a new section on our site which will give local forums the opportunity to share their details on their own directory listing. To submit your group please fill in the form at the bottom of this page.
There are a growing number of groups that people considering home education can go to for information, advice or just to share.
- Home Education Forums is an interactive online community for home educating families, home-edupreneurs and all those with an interest in home education
- Home Education Special Needs: for families who are home education children with special educational needs or disabilities.
- Home Education and your local authority: Help with dealing with officialdom.
- Home educating in Forever Families. This is a forum for families who have adopted children who they are home educating.
- Home Educating our Special Needs children: for parents whose children have special needs, disabilities or additional support needs.
- Home Education Support Scotland: General support and information
- Home Schooling UK: General support and information across the UK
- Catholic Home Education Scotland is a website for Catholic families who are home educating
- Home Education UK FB Forum: for home educators across the UK
There are also a range of local Facebook groups across all parts of Scotland. These are a few.
- Home Education/schooling Aberdeen
- Ayrshire Home Educators
- Border Home Educators
- Dundee Home Education Network
- Edinburgh Home Education
- Glasgow Home Education Groups
- Fife Home Educators
- Highland Home Education/Home schooling group
- Lanarkshire Home Education
- North of Scotland Home Ed group
Moray/Aberdeenshire/Highland message board for organising activities/meeting other families in the north of Scotland
- Tayside Home Education
Want your group to be added to our directory?
Fill in this form and we will create a page that you can keep up to date with all your current information: